We are thrilled to share exciting news!
Susan G. Komen® St. Louis and Susan G. Komen® Mid-Missouri are joining forces to make a bigger impact in the local fight against breast cancer and will operate as one entity: Susan G. Komen® Missouri. At the same time, we are expanding our service area to include five additional counties not previously served by Komen. Komen Missouri will serve 31 counties in Missouri and seven counties in southwestern Illinois.
We have a strong commitment to the people of Missouri and southwestern Illinois. For that reason, it made great sense to us to combine our resources as well as expand into additional counties (Gasconade and Monroe in Missouri and Bond, Calhoun and Jersey in Illinois).
Our mission drives all we do, and with this change we are continuing to put our mission and the people we serve first. As Komen Missouri, we will now have greater potential to strengthen our presence and our impact in the local fight against breast cancer. We will maximize grant funding to local breast health programs to help even more women and men across Missouri and southwestern Illinois access the best resources to find breast cancer early and then beat the disease.
As Komen Missouri, we will continue to fund breast cancer screening, breast health education and patient navigation and support services to local women and men who are most at risk and most in need, while also funding cutting-edge breast cancer research.
Our consolidated organization will combine staff and volunteer leadership, grant-making relationships and fundraising capacities to strengthen our operations, with the overall goal of maximizing the resources and support available for the entire – and now larger – service area.
Key Information About Komen Missouri
- Komen Missouri will operate from two offices, one in Greater St. Louis, based in Olivette, and one in Mid-Missouri, based in Columbia
- Each local Race for the Cure® will continue. The 2016 Greater St. Louis Race is scheduled for Saturday, June 11, in downtown St. Louis. The Mid-Missouri Race will take place in Columbia in fall 2016.
- Helen Chesnut, executive director of Komen St. Louis, will serve as executive director of Komen Missouri
- Renee Hall, board president of Komen St. Louis, will serve as president of Komen Missouri’s board of directors.
- Komen Missouri’s service area includes Adair, Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Chariton, Cole, Cooper, Franklin, Gasconade, Howard, Jefferson, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Osage, Perry, Randolph, St. Charles, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis City, St. Louis, Warren and Washington counties in Missouri; and Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Madison, Monroe and St. Clair counties in Illinois
Komen Missouri staff and volunteers will continue to focus on the most important aspect of our work – translating the generosity of the people in our community into funds for programs and resources that will help save lives and end breast cancer forever.
Together with your continued support, we will make an impact in the local fight against breast cancer.
Same Mission. Same Races. More Places. New Name: Susan G. Komen Missouri.