1. When you support Komen St. Louis, you’re supporting 25 local organizations that deliver life-saving breast health services to women, men and families in our community.
2. We all know someone whose life has been touched by breast cancer – a loved one, a friend, a coworker.
3. Because of your support, last year Komen St. Louis funded more than 11,000 screening mammograms for women in our 17-county Missouri/Illinois service area who otherwise could not afford them.
4. Komen has granted more than $20 million to research facilities in St. Louis for groundbreaking breast cancer research.
5. Every 74 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
6. Komen St. Louis is here when you need breast health and breast cancer resources. If you need help paying for a mammogram, if you or someone you know is diagnosed with breast cancer…we’re only a phone call away (314.569.3900).
7. Last year, Komen St. Louis funded diagnostic services for more than 2,200 women in need.
8. More than 100 percent of the funds raised by Komen St. Louis since 1999 have come back to St. Louis.
9. 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
10. Men get breast cancer, too. Approximately 2,190 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men this year in the U.S.
11. There are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors alive in the U.S. today.
12. There are still too many women and families in our community who need our help.
We know you have your own reasons for supporting the local fight against breast cancer. We can’t do this without you. Please Give Thanks and Give Back to Komen St. Louis today. We appreciate your support every day of the year. Thank you!